Hello my friends! Hope you’ve had a great weekend so far. Haven’t been worked in a regular office environment for so long, my sense of days is kind of blurred. Weekends are actually faster-paced in my house because the kids are home and they have activities. I often find myself running from place to place on weekends, with much smaller block of time to do what needs to be done. I guess that is life with under-age children, gotta make them happy so you can be happy. ;D
On a similar note, many of you might get the impression that I doll up everyday like what I appear to be on the blog. Well, the truth is, I only do that sometimes. Putting on a full-set of makeup takes a skilled person like me about 45 minute to an hour, unless it is your job to look 120% every time you step outside…heck, even Kim Kardashian gets caught from time to time without makeup on, so give ourselves a break, will you?
My point is, I do dress “normal” most of the time. On busy days, I most likely to throw on comfy outfits that requires no extra attention. During summer time, usually it is a loose-fitting dress like this one, and during the colder months, a pair of jeans and tops of some sort like today’s outfit:
Some call this particular style “rocker chic”, but if you change up a few things, big knit sweaters instead of leather jacket, or a long skirt instead of jeans, the style might have a different name, but the comfort level stays the same. Here is my quick list for catching up with today’s Normcore:
– distressed skinny jeans: a few slashes here and there says you are up to date. Trending color is gray;
– big sweater / sweatshirt: yes the sweatshirt thing started a few seasons ago but now it is the time you can get them at almost any brand of your choice;
– leather jacket or parka : although the trend says oversized, I still prefer fitted ones because my relative small body frame. Layer it on top of the forth-mentioned sweater / sweatshirt;
– button down shirt: man’s style shirt, preferably plaid or some kind of vintage prints;
– flat boots or sneakers: best news this season, sneakers are IN fashion. Plenty to choose from on ASOS.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you will be inspired enough to change upSee you in my next post!